The Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program (OSDCP) is a new publicly-funded program that provides dental care to all seniors who qualify.
Ontario residents are eligible if they:
- are 65 years old and over
- have an annual net income of $19,300 or less for a single person or a combined annual net income of $32,300 or less for a couple
- have no other form of dental benefits (e.g. private insurance and/or other government program)
Please note: Starting August 1, 2021, the Ministry of Ontario will be updating the eligibility threshold for single seniors from $19,300 to $22,200 and senior couples with a combined annual income from $32,300 to $37,100. Please wait to apply until July 1, 2021 to be assessed under the new income threshold.
What dental services are covered under the program?
The program covers:
- examinations and assessments
- preventive services
- restorative services to repair broken teeth and cavities
- oral surgery services to remove teeth or abnormal tissue
- services to treat infection and pain (endodontic services)
- services to treat gum conditions and diseases (periodontal services)
- dentures (prosthodontic services) are partially covered. The patient will need to pay a small portion of this service.
How to apply for the program:
Our staff can help make sure you have properly completed the form and have all the supporting documents. Please call 705.647.4305, Ext. 2286 (toll-free 1.866.747.4305).