Need breastfeeding support?
Most women start breastfeeding, these free services can help you continue.
We want to:
- Answer your questions,
- Support you to reach your goals,
- Offer one-on-one help from a professional,
- Provide you an opportunity to meet other mothers.
Breastfeeding Support Services
There are many resources available to support you in your breastfeeding relationship. Call the Timiskaming Health Unit to speak to one of our Lactation Consultants or Healthy Babies Healthy Children nurses at 1-866-747-4305.
Additional support available through the following resources:
- Telehealth Ontario has a 24 hour telephone service, where all nurses are specially trained in providing breastfeeding support. You can reach them at: 1-866-797-0000
- Timiskaming Breastfeeding Buddies Facebook Support Group - The Timiskaming Breastfeeding Buddies program is a closed, safe space for mothers across the district of Timiskaming. Please feel free to post questions, information or anything else relating to breastfeeding and motherhood. The THU Healthy Babies Healthy Children nurses will be on the page to assist with questions and provide any resources that you might need. Join today!
- Bilingual Online Ontario Breastfeeding Services is an online database where you can search all breastfeeding support services available in your area. You can visit the website at http://ontariobreastfeeds.ca/