If your business makes drinking water available to the public and you do not get your drinking water from a municipal drinking water system, you may be an owner or operator of a “small drinking water system.”

Small drinking water systems can include restaurants, seasonal trailer parks, summer camps, community centres, libraries, gas stations, motels, churches and many other public facilities. 

If you are a new business or business owner, please contact your local health unit office and speak with a Public Health Inspector. He/she will make an appointment to conduct a site-specific risk assessment and provide you with further information. 


SDWS Newsletter - Sprint 2019 - Issue 3 

SDWS Newsletter - Spring 2018 - Issue 2

If you are not sure whether your system is regulated, please contact your local public health unit.

Owner/Operator forms (available in English only):

Laboratory Services Notification (LSN)

Notice of Adverse Test Results and Issue Resolution

Small Drinking Water System Identification