Drinking water should be treated if it is sourced from lakes, rivers, shallow wells (dug wells) or drilled wells with poor test results.

For more information on drinking water treatment devices, visit the Health Canada website or the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) website.  

If you have any questions about your source of drinking water, home water treatment device, or regarding your private water results, you can call the Health Unit and speak with a Public Health Inspector at 705-647-4305 (toll free: 1-866-747-4305).