In our busy, fast-paced world, myths and misinformation on the internet, social media and other sources make nutrition and healthy eating confusing. Registered Dietitians are nutrition experts, they work with clients to provide evidence-based personalized nutrition advice and practical solutions.
March is Nutrition Month!
Dietitians are acting on the ingredients needed to create a healthier tomorrow with you, your community and the planet.
The 2023 Nutrition Month Campaign focuses on how dietitians are using their skills and expertise to create change for tomorrow. Food security, food literacy, food sovereignty, sustainable food choices, nutrition care and prevention…these are all ingredients in a sustainable food system in which dietitians across Canada play an active and often leadership role. This Nutrition Month, Registered Dietitians are showcasing how the actions they are taking today lead to a healthier tomorrow for individuals, communities, and the planet!
Find trustworthy nutrition information with Unlock Food! A page that provides information on food, healthy eating, and recipes. This resource is created and reviewed by Registered Dietitians to provide the public with trusted nutrition advice for free.
Try a new recipe from the Dietitians of Canada Recipe eBook and enjoy savouring nutritious homemade meals.
Get the Answers to Your Nutrition Questions
Here are some easy ways to reach a Registered Dietitian:
- Learn about Registered Dietitian services and availability in the Timiskaming District.
- Find a Registered Dietitian through searching the Dietitian of Canada Database
- Visit Unlock Food for information, tips, recipes and more!
- Call Health Connect Ontario, a free, secure and confidential service that connects residents of Ontario with the service of a Registered Dietitian. You can access free nutrition information and advice by calling 811 or the Toll-free TTY line: 1-866-797-0007 or by starting a live chat.
Dietitians are available Monday to Friday
- Monday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Wednesday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
5. Follow the Timiskaming Talks Nutrition Facebook Page to receive evidence-based nutrition information and engage with the Timiskaming community.
Check-out These Links for Helpful Information: