Whether licensed or unlicensed (friends, family, in home private child care), the Timiskaming Heath Unit strongly recommends the following to all those providing child care:
- Cohorting - putting children and staff in groups of 10 or less day over day;
- COVID-19 response plan - all child care settings will be required to have a plan in place if a child, parent or staff member/provider is exposed to COVID-19;
- Screening - all staff and children must be screened prior to entry to the child care setting. Anyone feeling unwell must stay home;
- Daily attendance records - child care settings must keep daily records of all attendees in order to support contact tracing;
- Cleaning - child care settings must be thoroughly cleaned before opening and frequently thereafter;
- No visitors - only essential visitors are permitted entry into the child care setting;
- Implementing drop-off and pick-up protocols in a way that facilitates physical distancing.
Monitor and screen for symptoms of COVID-19. Use the online self-assessment tool (Government of Ontario).