What is self-isolation?
Self-isolation helps prevent the spread of the virus. You must isolate yourself from others if you have COVID-19 symptoms, even if you are fully-vaccinated. You may also need to self-isolate if you have been exposed to COVID-19. Self-isolation means that you do not leave your home unless absolutely necessary, such as to seek medical care.
A Section 22 class order is currently in place for certain individuals. This order enables the Timiskaming Health Unit to enforce self-isolation requirements. To see who the order applies to, click here.
How can I get my test results?
To see your results, visit the Ontario Government’s COVID-19 Test Results webpage.
If you cannot access your results online, call the Assessment Centre where you were tested.
- Temiskaming Shores and area – 705-648-1844
- Englehart and area – 705-568-2127
- Kirkland Lake and area – 705-568-2127
- Temagami and area – 705-569-3244
What can I do while self-isolating?
- Stay in your home.
- Obtain services over the phone or online and ask for help from others if needed.
- Order grocery or pharmacy delivery or ask someone to pick them up for you. Contact Timiskaming Connections at email@example.com or 1-866-747-4305, Ext. 2278 if you need help.
- Open a window for fresh air. If you have a private entrance, you may go outside on your personal property.
- Use the phone or internet to connect with family or friends.
What can I NOT do while self-isolating?
- No visitors, except those considered essential (for example, health care workers).
- No grocery shopping in the store or at curbside pickup.
- Do not return to work or other activities.
- Do not go for a drive or a walk outside of your property.