BOIL your water to a rolling boil for at least ONE MINUTE or you may also use bottled water to:
- gargle, brush your teeth or rinse dentures
- wash fruits, vegetables and other food
- make ice, juices, puddings, or other mixes
- make baby food or formula (bottled water or alternate potable supply only)
BATHING and WASHING:
- Adults, teens and older children can use tap water for baths and showers
- Small children can be given sponge-baths instead of tub baths or showers
- Do not swallow any tap water used for showers and baths
Dishwashers: Use a dishwasher with a high heat setting or sanitize cycle.
Manual dishwashing: Wash in hot soapy water, rinse, sanitize and allow dishes to air dry as usual. (To sanitize, mix 1 tsp. of bleach to 1 litre of water, let dishes soak in the solution for one minute).
If you have any questions regarding an advisory, please contact the Timiskaming Health Unit at 705-647-4305.
What to do after a boil water advisory has
- Run cold water faucets for 10 minutes before using the water.
- Run drinking fountains for 10 minutes before using the water.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 45 degrees Celsius (a normal setting is 60 degrees Celsius).